Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Distracted Driving Kills



Today two students, Haley Harman and Daryl Smith, were whited out for the Arrive Alive campaign. Students were not allowed to speak for the day to represent being a victim of texting and driving. The students wore signs that said, "Distracted Driving Kills. Texting and driving is 6 times more likely to cause a crash than driving while impaired. Buckle Up and Arrive Alive." In the above photo, students listen to Sgt. Dan Bracker from the Missouri State Highway Patrol gave a strong message about texting, seatbelts, and driving while impaired.

1 comment:

  1. I think this effort will help young drivers get the message. It has to start with the end user, the driver...deciding not to partake in distracted driving and this will help drive that message home.

    I also decided to do something about teen (and adult) texting and driving after my three year old daughter was nearly run down right in front of me by a texting driver. Instead of a shackle that locks down phones and alienates the user (especially teens) I built a tool for teens and their parents called OTTER that is a simple, affordable app for smartphones.. I think if we can empower the individual then change will come to our highways now and not just our laws.

    Erik Wood, owner
    OTTER LLC
    OTTER app

    ReplyDelete